Thursday, February 2, 2012

our recent happenings

it's been a couple of weeks since i posted, and will and i have done some fun things. a few weeks ago, william, my mom and i went to arizona to visit my grandma. she recently turned 92, and so we went out for a few days to celebrate her birthday. my grandma's name is margie, and will lovingly calls her "grandma jenny margie." (my mom is grandma jenny, so i think it was pretty ingenious of him to put it all together in the right order :)) we had a lot of fun in az. here will and my grandma are in my grandma's three-wheeled bike.


we hung out and had fun relaxing at grandma jenny margie's house.



one day we went and met up with my best friend from college, krista, and her two kiddies at freestone park in gilbert. it was a great park. they had several little rides for kids and will couldn't get enough of the jet ski ride.




we also got to see my good friend from my az days, melissa, but sadly i didn't get a picture with her!

will has also had a fun time visiting with his cousins. last saturday night, my sister, whitney, had her baby girl! little kinsey. and she is a doll.


i had a trip planned to utah, but since my mom was down with whitney, my sister-in-law, kim volunteered to watch will for a couple of days. this was VERY kind considering kim has a three year old and twin one year olds. she already has her hands full! then to throw a wild and crazy little will into the mess is really very saintly of her! but he had so much fun. he loves his aunty kim, uncle cort, and cousin kate. here they are enjoying a fun snack together:


and then they came up with this pose all on their own! yay for cousins!


and while i was in utah, even though it was such a quick trip, i got to spend an evening with my friends and then go to lunch with my sisters-in-law. it was so nice to have some girl time and catch up with everyone that i've missed.


then, the other day, will and i took a super fun outing with my friend, lorraine, and her two awesome little boys. we caught the metro rail here in pasadena and took it into chinatown. we shopped around, let the boys run wild, and then stopped for a yummy lunch. it was the perfect outing for three toddler boys, and fun shopping for their mommas!



california has been fun for will and me . . . just a few more weeks here in nice warm and sunny weather before we brace ourselves to go back to utah!


2 comments:

Jill T said...

Your grandma looks awesome on that bike! I can't believe she's 92!

Chelsey said...

Looks like you have been having so much fun. I love the picture of Will on the bike with grandma Jenny margie, it cracks me up. Hope to see you guys soon!